Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Why I love my TUI class

I took Tangible User Interfaces because it fit with my schedule, but I expected very little of it - and I could not have been more mistaken! It is more inspiring than the best art classes I've taken. I find myself looking at objects in my house and thinking about how and why one might attach sensors, motors, music, and lights - really changing how one interacts with the world and the information available in the environment. My research focus (information architecture) hasn't changed, but my understanding and respect for designers has increased dramatically, and the way I look at computation has been transformed.

Of course, I have to finish my other homework (calculating system downtime, defending project management decisions) before I get to go back to building my rocket/potty-training robot for TUI...

No comments: